Reduce Dirt Accumulation
- Vacuuming carpet regularly to remove dirt and soil is of utmost importance in maintaining carpet.
- Use walk-off mats at entrances to reduce outside dirt from being tracked on carpet and vacuum mats regularly.
Remove Spills Promptly
- Most spilled materials will stain or discolor carpet or can lead to increased soiling if not removed promptly.
- Blot spill with a clean white dry cloth or paper towel.
- Blot only - aggressive rubbing of carpet fibers will compromise the twist of the yarn.
- Always follow up with water to rinse and to remove detergent if used. Continue blotting until area is thoroughly dry.
- Periodic professional cleaning of the overall carpet is highly recommended.
- Hot water extraction is the preferred method for cleaning your carpet.
- All manufacturers require your carpet to be cleaned every 18-24 months to validate the warranty.
- Your warranty will be voided if this schedule is not followed.
- If you are doing your own shampooing it is up to you to keep records of the dates you clean.
Please refer to your carpet manufacturer's website for additional cleaning tips.